There are over 2.2 million apps on the market. Your app might be remarkable, it could even be the best one out there, but how do you expect new users to find it? There’s so much AppStore clutter that potential customers must sift through multiple pages before they’ll stumble across your app.By implementing these 6 strategic advertising tactics, new users will be able to effortlessly find and download your app.
- Know your target audience – Think about the customers that already use your transportation service. Where are they traveling to and from? Are they locals, tourists, or in town for business? Once you’ve defined your target audience, it’s time to think about how and when they consume information. This will help you create an advertising baseline and, as a result, will allow you to promote your app to the people who need it the most.
- Take advantage of SEO & ASO – Search Engine Optimization maximizes the number of visitors to a site (or in this case, an app) by ensuring that your site or app shows up in top search results. Research key words relative to your industry and incorporate into your app description in the App Store and on your website. They say you’ll never get a second chance to make a first impression, so if you want to bring your A-game, take advantage of ASO. ASO (App Store Optimization) is a subset of SEO that focuses on search optimization in app stores. Quality screenshots, creating a unique app icon, getting users to review the app, and having a compelling app description are awesome ways to grab your audience’s attention.
- Tap into existing users – Ask customers who are already using your app to help spread the word about it. Include a “Refer a Friend” option in the app and offer an incentive of to users who share the app with their friends. A referral program will churn new app downloaders and new app users.
- Pitch your app to media – Reach out to websites, magazines, and journalists that are in tune with your target audience. Let them know about your app -- what it does it do? Be sure to spell out exactly how it’s different, and better, than the competition and other industry apps on the market.
- Leverage social media – Based on your target demographic, uncover what social media platforms they use the most. Then, promote the app on social by offering exclusive offers to entice new users to check out the app and share it with their friends and family. Don’t forget about engagement! Post behind the scene updates, company promotions, respond to customer comments and questions promptly, and leverage hashtags in all your content.
- Paid promotion – Facebook and Instagram have ad services to help you advertise directly to your target audiences on either platform. The bonus? You set your own ad spend, making it a budget-friendly option. Social ads not your thing? Placing digital ads on Google and on affiliate sites will get the word out about your app. BuySellAds.com, Google Ads and Advertise are all good places to start.
There are a multitude of obstacles that users must navigate before finding your app. that they need your help. Strategic advertising tactics offer a hand to your users, by guiding them through the app store clutter and ultimately, leading them to your remarkable app.Do you have any tips to add? Tweet us at @dashride!